Why Targeted Direct Mail?
The Targeted Direct Mail Postcard or Letter is used to grab your audience’s attention on a personal level. Postcard advertising can help you connect with potential customers, earn their business and develop an ongoing relationship that lasts long after they convert.
Direct mail is still the best way to ensure that you hit your target audience both geographically and demographically. Targeted postcards offer a strong return on investment with an average 3 to 1 return on marketing spend and a response rate as high as 8-10% based on if you target new or existing customers.
Successful businesses regularly use direct mail to drive consumers to their website and increase digital conversions. In fact, 79% of consumers act on direct mail postcards immediately.
UpSwell’s direct mail postcard program uses a combination of customer data, consumer data and market data to help clients select zip codes & carrier routes to target ideal customers for their mailing campaign. We also work with clients to understand their needs to buy prospect lists that allow you to customize your target audience to specific customer attributes (drives a BMW, lives in a 20 year old house, specific credit scores..etc..).
Lastly, we help clients nurture and grow their existing customers by data mining consumer spending habits to market specific offers to your best customers.
Client will select one of the below programs based on the best way to reach their ideal customer and if they are trying to create new customers or nurture existing customers:
- Saturation Mailings
- Focuses on new customer acquisition – the mailing is at a carrier route or neighborhood level (sub-ZIP code)
- Allows you to target specific people based on age, income, home value, net worth and distance from the business using lower rate postage costs.
- Low cost way to target key potential customers around your business
- List Mailings
- Focuses on new customer acquisition and utilizes advanced targeting to further refine your target audience
- Allows you to target people who have specific customer attributes that make up your “ideal” customer – e.g. people who drive a specific car, people with a specific medical ailment or people who have certain buying propensities.
- Laser focused mailing to your ideal potential customer
- Deliver higher incentives to existing prospects that have not yet converted
- Database Mailings
- Focuses on nurturing existing customers in your database/CRM to drive them back to your business
- Allows you to target your best customers with special offers and incentives
- Ability to “cherry pick” specific customers based on spending history or any other data point your POS system captures
- High ROI program targeting existing customers with past purchase history
UpSwell Account Management Team will send a welcome email to give you details on how to reach our team to help you lay out your postcard or letter program. We will look to set up a meeting to review mailing needs, customer criteria, potential messaging, date you need to have the print piece in the mailbox and how we can track & measure the order’s campaign results.
• Postcard – 6 x 11, 100# paper, full color both sides, full bleed, glossy finish
• Letter – 8.5 x 11, one sided color print, window envelope
• Letter – 8.5 x 11, two sided color print, window envelope
Saturation Mailing is used for clients that want to target new customers. We focus on ZIP code and carrier routes (sub-ZIP code) mailing where we target standard variables of income, home value, age, net worth and distance from your business.
Purchased List Mailing is used for clients that want to target new customers but require an enhanced targeted list than saturation mailing. Purchased lists are very targeted and take a combination of ideal customer variables to create a more targeted mailing (for example – people who drive a specific car, have a specific credit score or have a medical ailment).
Database Mailings are used to nurture & grow existing customers in your database. This is also a marketing tactic designed to help accelerate stale prospects down the sales funnel and closer to a close.
Existing customers have a relationship with your business and are more likely to spend money on your products & services (High ROI). Also, you want to make sure you hold onto your best customers and avoid losing them to competitors.
While digital marketing continues to increase, so does the use of direct mail to drive digital engagement. Average response rates for direct mail postcards for customer database lists are as high we 10% and saturation & prospect lists are a healthy 3-5% response, generally much higher than standalone digital campaigns. Sophisticated marketers blend the benefits of direct mail with their digital campaigns to offer their clients a more comprehensive marketing strategy.
Both, direct mail postcards and letters can reach new or existing customers with a personal touch and offer a special incentive to use your client’s product or service. The good news about postcards and letters is that direct mail number one off-line marketing tactic to drive on-line traffic, because consumers typically go right to your website after getting your piece in the mail
UpSwell will use its proprietary database matching technology to match your customer database information during the campaign mailing period with the consumers that received your postcard. We will determine how many customers came into your client’s business, how much money was spent, identify the customer as a new or existing customer and determine the overall ROI of the print campaign.
UpSwell processes letter orders and postcard orders on a daily basis, so we can have your order placed within 24 hours of your order approval. We have options to get your print campaign mailed out within 3-4 days if we use First class postage or 8-10 business days with standard postage.
Currently this program is available in the United States as outlined above. We are able to process mailings in Canada, but this is on a custom quote bases, so please reach out to the account management team with any questions.
We are currently able to support English and Spanish languages with our print programs.
This program includes 4,000 postcards. If you need more, you can purchase additional postcards as an add-on.